Timber Home Nation

A community of timber home enthusiasts and those who love energy-efficient homes

foot chester's Discussions (6)

Discussions Started (6) Replies Latest Activity

frame design for dummies

Although schooled as an engineer, I don't see myself ever producing a detailed frame design along with structural calculations and joinery…

Started by foot chester in Design

0 Feb 28, 2010

problems with California?

California is by far the most populous state in the country and yet the timber frame industry seems to have decided against doing business…

4 Jan 9, 2013
Reply by Terry Turney

Why no Los Angeles area "shows", company sponsored events or other timber frame events?

If these shows can be produced in countless small / mid size cities, why couldn't they put on a show in Los Angeles ? For those of us who a…

0 Sep 18, 2009

Open-Built concept?

re: the OpenBuilt concept as described on the Bensonwood Homes website (for info: http://www.bensonwood.com/innovation/openbuilt.cfm ) Que…

1 Aug 17, 2009
Reply by Wes Loder

reject "open plan" design?

I can't be the only persons who finds open plan design to have very important flaws. The fact that no one can enter the home without being…

5 Jul 17, 2009
Reply by Wes Loder

aged wood not need finish?

Looking at examples of homes built with 'reclaimed' materials, I notice that much of the old wood utilized in new construction appears to b…

Started by foot chester in Materials

3 Feb 23, 2011
Reply by Danielle Taylor

RSS

© 2017   Created by Community Host.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service